Development started on Drupal 8 features back in March of 2011. The Drupal developer and application framework world has looked forward to the outcomes of every development, features are clean-up, API completion, beta, and release candidate or RC phase with baited breath. In Nov 2015, Drupal 8.0 was released. Sighs of relief turned to curious .
Drupal 8 take terrific content management framework is greater heights for users, administrators, and developers. There's a seriously sharp focus on user-friendly, so content presentation, new way to create data structures, build APIs, multilingual capabilities, and the delivery of mobile accessibility out of the box? Drupal 8 brings those to the table too.
While the Symfony 2 power and implementing in Drupal 8 backend, lighter and faster core offer to more capabilities of modules and themes. Plus point is Drupal 8 migration and the onward curve is significantly reduced. These changes and more are main reason to consider that switch to Drupal 8 development, Drupal migration.
Drupal 8 Features in detail:
1.New theme engine - Drupal 8 added brand new theming engine called Twig, which is PHP-based this is why flexible, fast, and secure. It's much easier to create beautiful and more functional Drupal websites using Twig, as its templates are written in a syntax that is less complex than a PHP template or others while being more secure.
- 2.Mobile first approach the get-go - Drupal 8 is mobile first in its approach. All the in-built drupal 8 themes that come with responsive design, along with an admin theme that adapts to different screen sizes, and a ‘Back To Site’ button to go back to the front page. Tables fit into any screen size without a hitch, and the new admin tool bar that works and user experience(UI and UX) showing well on mobile devices.
3.Support all HTML5 tags and user input field - - HTML5 is now more or less the design facto standard when it comes to writing web markup. The same is now available in Drupal 8 that giving you access to input fields like date, e-mail, phone, etc., and even more functionality and compatibility with mobile and handheld devices.
- 4.Multilingual ready - Drupal 8 is extensive more features right out of the box. The admin interface has built-in translations. You can also create pages with language-based Views filtering and block visibilities. Translation updates from the community are automatically facilitated.
5.Manage your all configuration - Drupal 8 has configuration management when built into it at the file-system level so that carry out over configuration elements such as content type, views, or fields, etc. From local development to the server is a breeze. You can use a version-control system to keep track of configuration changes. Configuration data is stored in files, separate from the site database.
6.Easy manage editor - New Drupal 8 functionality bring unprecedented power into the hands of the Content Editor, With new WYSIWYG editor CKEditor now bundled with the core. However, the most improvement remains the in-place editing capability that Drupal 8 will afford users, a result of the Spark Initiative.
Site and content creators or editors can edit text on any page without having to switch to the full edit form. Drafts are now much easier to create, and web security is now better implemented as a result.
- 7.Quick edits - There is something great about see something that needs changing and having the ease of access to change it directly and quickly. Now Quick Edit is a backport of Drupal 8 in-place editing for fields. So if you are logged into Drupal 8 content is in front of you, edit the text directly for quick fixes and an additions from the front-end.
8.Views now part of core feature - Views perform in the Drupal module hierarchy, As it is an integral part of most drupal website projects, and a lot is pretty much impossible without it. Site designers have used use this contributed module to output galleries, maps, graphs, lists, posts, tables, menus, blocks, reports, and what-have-you. With this Drupal 8 feature, Views is part of and firmly integrated with the core.
The front page and several administration pages are now Views, and users will now be able to quickly create pages, blocks, admin sections so on, and modify existing one just as effortlessly.
- 9.Better support for accessibility - Drupal 8 has excellent support for industry standard accessibility technologies, like WAI-ARIA. ARIA Live announcements API and TabManager are significant improvements in Drupal 8, which provide control for rich Internet applications. Bells and whistles like better font size option, tweaked color contrasts, jQuery UI auto complete, and modal dialog go a long way towards making in Drupal 8.
10.Web Services or Web API in build available - Drupal 8 now makes it possible to use itself as a data source, and output content as JSON or XML or RESTfull APIs. You can even post data back to Drupal 8 from the front end. Hyper text application language is implemented in Drupal 8 and makes exploitation of Drupal web service capabilities less painful and stable throughput.
11.Fields galore in Drupal 8 - Drupal 8 ships with bucket-loads of field type is in the core, thus taking its content structure capabilities up a notch. New field types like entity reference, link, date, e-mail, telephone, etc., aid content creation, and now you can attach fields to more content types as well as create custom contact form though attaching fields.
- 12.Guided Tour - Now descriptive text is right under the help link. Users can able to click and then take the tour, pop-up appear, that will also explain how this all works, one of the most helpful Drupal 8 features to newcomers. This user-friendly boost is well-received as its making the CMS easy to understand.
- 14.Industry standards with php 7 and Symfony 2 - Drupal 8 aligns with the latest PHP 7 standards like PSR-4, namespaces, and traits, and uses top notch, outstanding external libraries like Composer, PHPUnit, Guzzle, Zend Feed Component, Assetic and so on. Meanwhile, underlying Drupal 8 features modern, object-oriented code that is the order of the day, by Symfony 2.
Are you looking for Drupal development company ?
Axis Technolabs providing Drupal Web Development services and an extensive range of other such web services. Explore more about our Drupal Web Design and Development services and Get in touch today to request a free quote.
Drupal development services from our agile teams for quick turnaround time. When you hire Drupal developer from Axis Technolabs
When you hire Drupal app developers, you get a team who are specialized in a wide array of industry verticals catering to all kinds of startups and small businesses.
Tags:Drupal 8 features, Drupal 8 new features, Drupal features in detail, Drupal features list, Drupal development company